I. DATA PROCESSING IN GENERAL
1. SCOPE OF THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA The processing of personal data is limited to data that is required to operate a functional website and for the provision of content and services. The processing of personal data of our users is based on the purposes agreed or on a legal basis (GDPR). We only collect personal data that is necessary to implement and process our tasks and services or if you provide data voluntarily.
2. Your Rights If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to withdraw consent.
If you believe that the processing of your personal data is inconsistent or contradicts the applicable data protection laws, you have the possibility to lodge a complaint with the data protection office.
II. Description and scope of data processing
1. Provision of the website For analytical reasons and to improve the user experience, our system records data and information about the computer used by the user automatically and with every visit on our website. The following data are collected:
- Information regarding the type and version of internet browser used to access the website IP address
- Date and time of each access
- Web page from which the user was redirected to our page
We do analyze the usage of our web presence with the following tools Google Analytics, Hotjar. This analysis is exclusively for the purpose of optimizing the website with regards to usability and the provision of useful information about our services. A merger of data with other personal data sources or disclosure to third parties is precluded. Legal basis for the temporary storage of data and log files is Article 6 (1) letter F GDPR. No evaluation of personal data takes place. All analyses are based on anonymized datasets.
3. Contact Form If you fill out a contact form, send us an email or another form of electronic message, your data will only be used to process your inquiry and possible further questions you might have. Legal basis for the processing of your inquiry is Article 6 1.b GDPR. Your details as you provide on the form, but especially your name and email may be stored on HubSpot.
4. Newsletter If you subscribe to our newsletter, you will have to give your consent that we store and process your data. With your consent you give us permission to save your email address including the date and time of signing up, your IP address as well as the selected newsletters. Our newsletters do not contain visible or hidden counters, third party ads or links to external websites that are not directly connected to the content in the newsletter. Each newsletter contains a reference on how to unsubscribe from the newsletter.
5. Download of files The email address which you provided on our website in order to download content will be used to send you the requested content and stored on HubSpot.
6. Marketplace To get access to our Marketplace you have to sign up and define a username and password and provide your email and name. You may also register with your LinkedIn or Google Account. On future visits to our website, you may enter your logon credentials so you do not have to provide your billing address and payment information again. Your password is encrypted and cannot be viewed by us. In order for us to set up a user account (registration data) your explicit consent is necessary. You can agree to the terms by checking a box. This process will be recorded. For the use of our platforms, we store the following personal data:
- Address, in case of private company
- E-Mail Market value
- Contributions to your project(s)
You have the possibility to revoke your consent at any time. The revocation has to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do so, you will be required to sign up again in the future. The data from your orders are also stored on your user account. The data in your account, such as payment information, addresses etc. can always be accessed and amended by the user. If you update any of your information we keep a copy of the prior details for questions that might come up. You have the possibility to delete your user account when you have no pending projects.
7. Social Plugins All embedded social plugins use the two-click process. This means that the recording of your surfing patterns via a plugin will only start if you activate it. If you are logged in to a social media account while using our website this plugin will register the visit on our website on the first click and can match it to your account.
III. Data security
We use HTTPS protocol in connection with the highest encryption levels that are supported by your browser. If a page on our website was/is being transmitted encrypted it is shown by the lock symbol in the address bar of your browser. Additionally, we use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data from accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction, or to prevent unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously upgraded according to the latest technological developments. Your user data is securely stored on AWS instance servers.
1. Disclosure to third parties We may transfer General Personal Data to third parties (within and outside of Switzerland and the EU), and certain integrated services may enable you to directly provide data to third party providers. This includes, among others, services for chatbots, e-signature solutions, online forms, usage analytics and monitoring, events, and newsletter subscription. Third parties that we are working with include:
- Google Analytics
We do not transfer data that is specific to your service offering, project description or company related contributions and cap table specifics. Such data may be visible to other MEDKAP users.
MEDKAP Investor Association
09 October 2023